30: Navigating the legal journey with family lawyer Cheryl Goldhart
I have a great episode for you today as I will be speaking with Cheryl Goldhart who has been a family lawyer for almost 4 decades. You are going to walk away with so many great takeaways. But before we dive in there’s something else I want to share with you.
You’ve likely heard me talk a fair bit about our retreat in Costa Rica. I just came back 2 ½ weeks ago and am still buzzing with what a life changing experience this was for everyone. In fact so great that the next one in March 2024 is almost sold out already. But today I want to invite you to come to a more intimate and deeper experience here at my home. This will be the fourth time I run a retreat here and I can’t wait to do it again. It’s a really small group so it truly is an intimate coaching experience. As always when you work with me the goal is connection with ourselves and self-love. Taking the time to go away, even for a couple of days, leaving the grind and worries at home creates space for growth and learning and healing. We talk, journal, meditate, do yoga overlooking the lake and eat beautiful meals prepared by our own private chef. You won’t have to do a dish or even think about what to eat. How nice is that!? If you are feeling that you could use a little guidance, some self love and time for yourself. Time with friends, new friends then this weekend is for you. I have seen time and time again the power of women gathering. We share, support, love and witness each other and yes, celebrate the new life you are creating for yourself. All the information is below in the show notes so I hope you will join us June 16-18th here at my Lake house for a weekend of rising into the woman you were always meant to be.
Here is the link to learn more about our retreats and book one of our few spots for the one in June: www.theseparationclub.com/retreats
- Your lawyer should be able to tell you in the beginning pretty close to where you are going to end up. Use this information to guide you forward and make sure you aren't spending time, money and your sacred energy fighting for something that isn't possible.
- One of the best ways to save money in legal fees is to be prepared before going into meetings and responding to emails etc. Cheryl can always tell who is doing work on themselves and their healing and who isn't. Choose to spend a little on yourself to save a lot in the long run.
- Some people divorce in a way that is fair and amicable and it's usually the couples who had a more peaceful companionship marriage as opposed to those who were all about the passion. If you feel in love with the intense passion it's going to show up in the divorce most likely. Use this knowledge to check yourself.
- There needs to be more focus on kindness, fairness and getting out spending as little as possible. This is not the way to get back at your ex - you will pay big time - literally drain your entire savings and more.
LINKS MENTIONED AND MORE
- Join our next Masterclass on April 6th @ 7pm EST where I’ll be talking about changing our thoughts and feelings so we can get on with our lives. https://www.theseparationclub.com/masterclass
- MOST EXCITING NEWS - WE ARE GOING BACK TO COSTA RICA TOGETHER! And there is a retreat coming up at my Lake House in June. Learn more about all our upcoming retreats here: www.theseparationclub.com/retreats
- Also make sure to download the Free Separation Checklist: https://theseparationclub.com/separation-checklist
- Join the private and free Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theseparationclub/
- You can also find me on Instagram @theseparationclub where I share daily inspirations and tips as you navigate your divorce.
MORE ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Cheryl has practiced exclusively in the area of family law for more than 30 years. She specializes in negotiating complex agreements encompassing all areas of family law and litigates at all levels of courts in Ontario including the Court of Appeal. Recently, Cheryl successfully argued a child support case at the Supreme Court of Canada.
Cheryl is an accomplished OAFM accredited family mediator and a certified family law arbitrator by the ADR Institute of Ontario. She is also a fellow with the International Academy of Family Lawyers.
Cheryl is a past member of the Panel of the Children’s Lawyer of Ontario, representing children in custody, access and child protection cases. She was a family law instructor for the Bar Admission Course of the Law Society of Upper Canada and is a very frequent lecturer on various topics in family law. Over her years of practice, Cheryl has written numerous articles for the Bar Admission Course, professional journals, periodicals and magazines.
Cheryl is the only family lawyer in Ontario to be awarded the Lexpert Zenith Award. She was certified as a “Best Lawyer in Canada” for family law since 2008. In 2016, Cheryl was awarded the OBA Award for Excellence in Family Law.