65: Healing from Emotional Abuse and the 10 step self-discovery journey
I feel like I talk about this alot, but still women ask me to talk about it more. I sometimes wonder if some just aren’t ready to hear what I am saying, not quite ready to hear the truth - namely that their healing lies within themselves and not in the punishment of the abuser.
There is a lot of time spent talking about Karma and unfairness of the courts etc in these cases and I do hear that. But I also know that the only way to heal is to find your way back to yourself and heal within yourself. Whatever does or doesn’t happen to the other person has no real effect on your life unless you let it. And that in itself is disempowering and exactly where the abuser is enabled to thrive.
Hard times open our eyes and hearts to questions and new choices.
Challenges force us to look at things differently.
Emotional pain finds us asking for peace, love and the absence of pain.
It is during these difficult moments, events and times that we have the opportunity to discover ourselves, our inner callings, values and desires and even to touch on the greater meaning of life.
Getting divorced is not an experience I would wish on anyone including myself. However, instead of only viewing it as an ending and something bad, I found so much peace and healing in seeing the possibilities that existed because of this massive life shift.
Today I am going to share my journey with you broken down into 10 steps (with several substeps)😉.
Grab a pen and paper or journal and let’s get started.
LINKS MENTIONED AND MORE:
- Join our beautiful Rising Free membership and get started on this work. We have some great calls coming up! www.theseparationclub.com/membership
- I would love to work with you towards your healing, self-discovery and in creating your new life. Working with a coach is a great way to discover your purpose, your path forward while gaining clarity on your beliefs and core values. I have openings in my calendar for some new clients. https://www.theseparationclub.com/coaching
- Receive our new and free Monthly Moon Journey Calendar showing you how to work with the phases of the moon and each phase’s unique energies to create the life you want. https://www.theseparationclub.com/moon
- We are having some good fun and inviting in divine wisdom through a daily Tarot card reading sent to your inbox every morning for FREE! You can sign up for that here: https://www.theseparationclub.com/dailytarot
- Join our next group call on Nov. 14th @ 7pm EST. We will be talking about coparenting and managing the upcoming holiday season. https://www.theseparationclub.com/pl/2148013697
- Join our upcoming retreat in Costa Rica, March 2-9th, 2024 or Italy June 22-29, 2024: www.theseparationclub.com/retreats
- Also make sure to download the Free Separation Checklist: https://theseparationclub.com/separation-checklist
- Join the private and free Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theseparationclub/
- You can also find me on Instagram @theseparationclub where I share daily inspirations and tips as you navigate your divorce.