38: Why self-care matters during divorce and how to do it right
Self-Care ~ Something good YOU DO FOR YOU.
And it matters. More than anything else if you ask me. This is what helps you heal and grow. This is how you connect with your voice and inner light. This is how you learn to love and trust again. Self-care is your path back to you and you deserve this!
There are three areas of healing and self-care:
Physical self-care is nurturing our body through movement, nourishment and sleep.
Emotional self-care is the inner learning, growth and healing we do through guidance, counseling, therapy, coaching etc. Read books, listen to podcasts and learn from those who have gone before you. Connect with mentors online and did I mention the importance of finding a good therapist and/or coach to work with?
Spiritual self-care was kind of like the reward. The icing on the cake that filled in all the gaps and made everything clear and beautiful and brought true joy back into my heart. Your spiritual tools are meditation, journaling, breath-work, yoga (also good for movement), gratitude practice and more. Choose those that resonate most and learn to meditate if this is something you feel challenging to do and understand.
Self-care does not have to be an all day thing. Even 10 minutes every morning can bring big change and healing. I started really small with a morning gratitude practice. The impact was massive.
Inside The Separation Club we offer help with all this through women’s retreats and circles, one on one coaching and group coaching/support inside the Rising Free membership and of course via this podcast.
Feel free to contact me at [email protected] to get your journey started.
LINKS MENTIONED AND MORE
- Working with a coach is a great way to discover your purpose and gain clarity on your beliefs and core values. I have openings in my calendar for some new clients. https://www.theseparationclub.com/coaching
- We have a vibrant and wonderful membership community and we are currently accepting new members. We would love for you to join us. https://theseparationclub.com/membership
- Join our upcoming retreat in Canada, June 16-18, 2024: www.theseparationclub.com/retreats
- Head over the website and check out all the upcoming events like free Masterclasses, Retreats and so much more: www.theseparationclub.com/upcoming-events
- Also make sure to download the Free Separation Checklist: https://theseparationclub.com/separation-checklist
- Join the private and free Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theseparationclub/
- You can also find me on Instagram @theseparationclub where I share daily inspirations and tips as you navigate your divorce.