51: Understanding how mindset determines our current situation and how to change it
Think of a mindset as the pair of glasses you wear in your brain. These glasses shape how you see and deal with stuff in your life. There are two main types of mindsets:
Fixed Mindset: Imagine you think you're born with a set amount of smartness, talent, and all that. If you wear these glasses, you might avoid challenges because you're scared of looking not-so-smart. You might not want to put in much effort because, hey, you think you're already stuck with what you've got. So, you might play it safe and not take many risks.
Growth Mindset: Now picture wearing glasses that make you believe you can get smarter and better at things by trying and learning. With this mindset, you're like, "Bring on the challenges!" You see mistakes as lessons and stepping stones to success. You're all about putting in the work to improve and achieve your goals.
Remember, people can wear different mindset glasses for different things, and the good news is you can swap out your glasses if you want. You're not stuck with one type forever. And when you're wearing those growth mindset glasses, you're more likely to enjoy learning, handle setbacks like a champ, and rock at whatever you're trying to do! 🚀
Today I take you through a few steps to help you move from a fixed mindset towards a growth mindset. In other words, I'll be talking about how to develop a mindset that moves you towards what you truly want in your life and how developing a deeper connection with your higher self and higher values will help you.
The steps I take you through are:
- Honesty about where you are at right now and why.
- Choosing a step that will bring you a little closer.
- Gain clarity on who you want and need to be to get there.
- Get into the details and create the new story that matches this higher vibration.
- Notice and have awareness around what is happening and what you are doing and how you are managing certain situations.
The episode today was partly a pre-recorded coaching call I had inside the Rising Free membership. This is a monthly membership with weekly live calls that is available to all members. You can learn more about it here: www.theseparationclub.com/membership
I would also like to invite you to take your first aligned step and join me and a small group of determined and brave women who are ready to live this new life inside The Amplified Program. This is an 8 week journey that gets started mid-September 2023. You can learn more about that journey and our weekly transformational calls here: https://www.theseparationclub.com/tap
LINKS MENTIONED AND MORE
- Learn more about this in our upcoming FREE MASTERCLASS. These run every month and this month I will be talking about rediscovering and reclaiming yourself and who you are. This happens on Aug. 24th, 2023 @ 7pm ET. You can register for the class and the replay here: https://theseparationclub.com/masterclass
- Receive our new and free Monthly Moon Journey Calendar showing you how to work with the phases of the moon and each phase’s unique energies to create the life you want. https://www.theseparationclub.com/moon
- We are having some good fun and inviting in divine wisdom through a daily Tarot card reading sent to your inbox every morning for FREE! You can sign up for that here: https://www.theseparationclub.com/dailytarot
- Working with a coach is a great way to discover your purpose and gain clarity on your beliefs and core values. I have openings in my calendar for some new clients. https://www.theseparationclub.com/coaching
- We have a vibrant and wonderful membership community and we are currently accepting new members. We would love for you to join us. https://theseparationclub.com/membership
- Join our upcoming retreat in Costa Rica, March 2-9th, 2024: www.theseparationclub.com/retreats
- Head over the website and check out all the upcoming events like free Masterclasses, Retreats and so much more: www.theseparationclub.com/upcoming-events
- Also make sure to download the Free Separation Checklist: https://theseparationclub.com/separation-checklist
- Join the private and free Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theseparationclub/
- You can also find me on Instagram @theseparationclub where I share daily inspirations and tips as you navigate your divorce.